Describe 10 pet peeves you have. (I’m proud to say that the reason I’m so far behind on my 30 Things list is that it’s been really difficult to come up with TEN pet peeves. I got stuck at five for a long time and couldn’t come up with any more.)
1. Lights being left on. There probably isn’t anything that will trigger my OCD personality more than a light being left on in a room that isn’t being used.
2. Clutter. We all have it in our houses because we actually live there. But I need to be better at hiding and organizing my “to-do” piles so they at least become pretty and functional. I pretty much wish I could live inside the IKEA magazine.
3. Kids, your dad likes to fall asleep on the couch around 9pm, but refuses to go to bed (or even move to the bedroom) until after 10pm. I think he thinks it’s funny to fall asleep while we’re watching something together that HE picked out! He’ll even battle me if I try to turn off the TV. ;)
4. I hate bad typography and design. I understand everyone isn’t a professional (including me), but they at least should know that fonts like Comic Sans and Curlz MT shouldn’t be used for your business logo, #amIright?!
5. I hate driving anywhere “far”. I don’t mind at all being the passenger when we drive 40 minutes to Santa Cruz, but I would rarely drive there myself. Not worth it – too far.
6. Our office isn’t organized. I hate that I have to keep the door closed ALL THE TIME because it’s such a disaster. We organized the closet (finally!) and it’s beautiful, but the guest bed seems to be a dumping spot that can’t be tamed…
7. It’s a pet peeve of mine that I live in California and can’t keep the windows open all day long, all year round. I quite possibly got spoiled with the near-perfect weather in Oceanside growing up, and now nothing will ever be good enough. (So basically, I’m ticked that we pay such high rent to live in what I like to think is basically the desert.)
8. It’s a pet peeve of mine how undisciplined I am. When my life isn’t filled with activities, nothing ever gets done. Why not do the laundry tomorrow? I’ve got all the time in the world!
I really can’t come up with any more pet peeves. I mean, I guess it bothers me when people wear running shoes with jeans, and socks with their Jesus sandals. But now I’m just being nit-picky.